By O. Henry
- New introductions commissioned from modern most sensible writers and students
- Biographies of the authors
- Chronologies of up to date old, biographical, and cultural occasions
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Selective discussions of imitations, parodies, poems, books, performs, work, operas, statuary, and movies encouraged through the paintings
- Comments by way of different well-known authors
- Study inquiries to problem the reader's viewpoints and expectancies
- Bibliographies for extra studying
- Indices & Glossaries, while appropriate
All variations are superbly designed and are revealed to stronger standards; a few comprise illustrations of old curiosity. Barnes & Noble Classics pulls jointly a constellation of influences—biographical, historic, and literary—to increase each one reader's knowing of those enduring works.
This is only one of the various literary gemstones in Selected tales of O. Henry, a suite of forty five of O. Henry’s most famous and interesting brief tales. every one bargains insights into human nature and the methods it's suffering from love, hate, wealth, poverty, gentility, cover, and crime—themes that ran in the course of the author’s personal existence. Born William Sidney Porter, O. Henry all started writing whereas in felony for embezzlement. Later he moved to long island, and his stories romanticizing the common, really the lifetime of traditional New Yorkers, grew to become hugely well known. the main extensively learn writer of his time, O. Henry died penniless yet left in the back of a wealth of brief tales that suffer as classics of the genre.
Victoria Blake is a contract author. She has labored at The Paris Review and contributed to the Boulder day-by-day Camera, small literary presses within the usa, and English-language courses in Bangkok, Thailand. She presently lives and works in San Diego, California.